The Pesticide Applicators Professional Association (PAPA) is a California non-profit, public benefit corporation which is dedicated to providing Continuing Education and to the implementation of safe and effective pest control techniques.
PAPA is a professional association designed to coordinate the educational activities of pest management applicators throughout California.
- Decisions within PAPA are made by a Board of Directors, and Directors stand for election every three years. The Board is responsible to all members of PAPA.
- The day-to-day activities of PAPA are administered by an Executive Director selected by the Board of Directors.
The primary functions of PAPA are:
- To sponsor statewide educational programs in cooperation with the University of California, municipal agencies, and industry training in safety, rules, and regulations, current technology, and field-tested research for pest management professionals.
- To provide the means for the recording and yearly accounting of Continuing Education hours.
- To publish a quarterly newsletter to inform members of association activities and pest management issues affecting the industry.
- To represent the concerns of members to industry and federal, state, and local agencies.
- To maintain media contacts throughout the state to keep the public aware of the concern of all pest management professionals for environmental safety.
As a member of PAPA, benefits will include a quarterly newsletter (Applicator News) and planning committee opportunities.
To learn more about our Board of Directors, please click here.